Saturday, June 18, 2016

Meal Planning Week 4


This week's menu:
Monday: Parmesean Crusted Tilapia with asparagus
Tuesday: Ziti with Spinach, Tomatoes, and Gorgonzola Sauce
Wednesday: Korean Short Rib Tacos
Thursday: Turkey Burgers with Kraft Mac 'n Cheese



Monday: Parmesean Crusted Tilapia

I've only made this once before and found it on Pinterest, but I remember it being quick and easy so I'm giving it another try because that's the description I'm looking for on a Monday night. Graham's in the middle of swim lessons right now and by the time we get home, I'm waaaay too tired to think about dinner so I'm trying to fill the week with some of my easy favorites. 

I'm serving it with asparagus because that only requires olive oil, salt, pepper, and some parmesan (and I don't have to look at a recipe which is an added bonus). 


Tuesday: Ziti with Spinach, Cherry, Tomatoes, and Gorgonzola Sauce

I've blogged about this dish before which I linked above. It's been on our favorites list for awhile. One of my girlfriends said she substituted the gorgonzola for feta and it was pretty great so if you're not a fan of the blue cheese family, you might try it by going that route. 



Wednesday: Korean Short Rib Tacos

I don't do the best job incorporating beef into our diet so I'm making an effort to branch out a little and try something I've never made before. (My husband has made this though and it was AMAZING!!) I'm hoping I can pull it off as great as he did. 

This is a little more work than some recipes because you have to put together the marinade and let the beef marinate over night. But that actually helps cut down on the preparation time on the day of the meal which is helpful. I also have to add that the recipe calls for a 1/2 cup mirin which I'm not familiar with and will have to google before I go to the grocery store (eek). But I'm promising, all the extra effort involved is completely worth it!!  




Thursday: Turkey Burgers

We're finishing the week off with some turkey burgers that I will use the cast iron skillet to cook. I like to use Gouda as the cheese on top with some avocado to spice it up a little. For a side, Mac 'n Cheese. Brian keeps buying Velveeta shells and cheese, but i'm a Kraft girl through and through (and I think I've convinced Graham that Kraft is the way to go too). 


Have a great week! Hope you find something that sounds appetizing!



No comments:

Post a Comment