Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Twinspiration Tuesday: The New Norm



Come on in!


It's been almost 10 months since these little cuties entered our lives, and I'm not sure I've had more than 6 consecutive hours of sleep since they arrived. For someone who loves sleep, that's a miserable realization. When people ask me how the babies are sleeping at night, I'm quick to say, it's not that great, but recently I sat down to really think about their sleep habits and it ends up, they're really not all that terrible. Yes, the 5:30am wake up call is less than desirable, but we put them down around 6:00pm every night. Add that up, and surprise! surprise! They have been sleeping between 10-12 hours all this time! It's not their fault I stay up until close to midnight every night. We've been spoiled with Graham's 8-8 schedule that I was hoping the twins would magically decide to sleep until 8 every morning too. It's time to "wake up" and realize this is the new norm, or at least until daylight savings time ;).



So in the meantime, I'm getting up early, trying to blog, and enjoying the entertainment provided by these two in the wee hours of the morning.

Every morning, I set up a make shift bed on the couch and watch these two best-friends-in-the-making discover each other. 



Right now their favorite toy is this Fisher Price Learning Home that Santa brought them for Christmas and it's the best part of my mornings too. I love to watch these two crawl through the door, giggle with each other on each side of the window, turn the lights off and on, and fight over the balls. This door has brought their personalities to life and let me be the first to say that my "sweet little Wynn" is one fierce cookie. She knows what she wants and Harris (and Graham) aren't getting in her way! 


Two (I should probably say three) babies are definitely double the work, but watching these two play together is truly worth it. It's been a long ten months, but I feel like we're in the home stretch (for now)! Toys are starting to entertain them more than their mommy and their love for one another is really blossoming. 



I'd sacrifice sleep for these giggles and precious moments any day.





No comments:

Post a Comment