Wednesday, January 27, 2016

January Weekends

I used to dread January.  Taking down the tree and packing up the Christmas decorations was depressing. Not to mention, it's cold and dreary. I used to countdown the weeks until Valentine's and the rodeo, but this year was different. I hated to rush through the holiday season, but I was barely hanging on by a thread. Our calendar was jam packed, and I did a poor job of managing our time. I don't know if it's because I'm getting older or the season of life I'm currently in, but January, I finally get you, and I am completely on your same page. 

The past couple weeks have been nothing but low key and lazy. It's been exactly what we needed around here to refresh. Fridays have been spent with neighbors and most Saturdays have been spent birthday partying with 3 year olds. We traveled to Abilene over MLK weekend (to see Brian's family) and usually the 6 hour drive would wear me out, but three little ones contained in carseats proved to be much easier than three on the move roaming every room in our house. Not to mention the extra hands willing to help once we got there. 

I know it's a little premature to crown January with the "Prettiest Weekends of the Year" title, but it's made a pretty strong case for itself and it looks like this coming weekend is going to be icing on the cake. 

Here's a little summary of our Saturday last weekend... 


We spent lots of time soaking up the sun in the backyard. 


Wynn stole the show, as usual, with all her giddy smiles. 


My favorite #3under3 






I'm pretty sure Wynn took an afternoon nap in her crib, but she likes to make a habit of taking a bonus nap on her dad most weekends. I have quite a photo collection of these two napping.


Graham's play set used to have a picnic table underneath the slide, but it never got used so we decided to make it a sand pit. Brian spent Saturday removing the wood boards with his trusty little side kick and then filled it with sand while Graham was napping. He woke up pretty excited about our newest addition to the backyard. 


These two enjoyed their snack in confined spaces. 


and I'm pretty sure this little one will find a way to escape before too long!


I'm looking forward to getting back in on the action during February, but I'm thankful for all the rest this month. 

No comments:

Post a Comment