Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Add It to the Grocery List: Beef and Broccoli



If we're having some sort of beef for dinner it usually involves Brian and the grill so it's nice to find a recipe that's not only tasty, but quick and easy that I can prepare. 

This is the recipe for Beef and Broccoli Stir-Fry that I found on the internet last week (Both Brian and Graham approved). 

Ingredients
3 Tablespoons cornstarch, divided
1/2 cup of water
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 pound boneless round steak. (I bought the stir fry steak that was already cut into pieces)
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
2 heads of Broccoli, cut into florets
1 small onion, chopped
1/3 Cup soy sauce
2 Tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground ginger

Serve with steamed white rice. 

Directions
I started by marinating the beef in olive oil and minced garlic all afternoon. Then I dredged it in 2 Tablespoons cornstarch.

In a large skillet, over medium heat, stir fry the beef in 1 Tablespoon oil until cooked. Remove from the skillet and keep warm. 

Stir-fry broccoli and onion in remaining oil for 4-5 minutes. 

Return beef to pan. 

Combine soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger, and 1 Tablespoon cornstarch and water until smooth; add to the pan. 

Cook and Stir for 2 minutes. 

Serve over rice. 



I've found that preparing as much as I can during nap time has really helped keep me sane when it comes to dinner time and all three kids are screaming from hunger pains when Dad walks in the door. That means there is a lot of marinating going on these days, but that only helps make the food more flavorful and a little stress taken off my plate.

With this recipe I made sure to have the broccoli cut into florets (and for a real time saver, sometimes, I'll buy it already cut into pieces), the beef marinating, and all  the other ingredients on the counter ready to go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment