Sunday, June 12, 2016

Meal Planning Week 3


This week's menu: 
Monday: Bar-B-Que Chicken Wraps
Tuesday: Walnut Crusted Salmon/rice/spinach salad
Wednesday: Chinese Chicken Salad
Thursday: Mexican Stuffed Shells




This is one of those recipes that I found while doing a quick scroll through Pinterest. 
  • The perfect Monday dinner. 
  • Extremely easy to put together, 
  • GREAT flavor
  • Very few ingredients: off the top of my head you need red onion, cilantro, pineapple, mozzarella cheese, chicken, tortillas and BBQ Sauce


Tuesday: Walnut Crusted Salmon/Rice/Spinach Salad


When honey is involved, you know it's bound to taste great. This is one of my favorite salmon recipes. For the longest time, I used to always cook salmon with sour cream on top, sprinkled with lemon pepper, and this was just as easy and more delicious. I served it with a spinach salad. (Spinach washed and prepared in a bag), red onion chopped, fresh grated parmesan, and italian (or Olive Garden) dressing and rice. 


Wednesday: Chinese Chicken Salad


Ingredients: 
1 lb. chicken tenders 
Romaine lettuce
Shredded carrots ( I buy the already washed and prepared romaine bag of lettuce that includes carrots. It helps combine two steps.)
2 green onions
1 apple (I use golden delicious)
1 package ramen noodles, crushed
1 cup chopped walnuts
4 Tbsp margarine, melted

Dressing: 
1 cup sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
1/2 red wine vinegar
3 Tbsp soy sauce
Salt and Pepper to taste

I coat the chicken tenders in olive oil. Salt and Pepper them, and then bake them in the oven on 350 for 15-17 minutes. Once cooled, I cut them into strips/cubes. Set aside.

Brown walnuts and noodles in the margarine using a skillet on the stove. 

Mix up the dressing ingredients and refrigerate

Layer veggies, chicken, toppings, and dressing. Enjoy!

My mother in law made this salad for use while we were visiting a couple years ago. It's from a family recipe book so I don't have a link to include, but it is definitely worth making. The apple slices, carrots, ramen, and my favorite part, the dressing, make this the perfect summertime salad. 

Thursday: Mexican Stuffed Shells

This recipe combines my pasta and Mexican craving all in one. It's super kid friendly and always a favorite of Graham's (pretty much anything covered in cheese is always a winner). 

**I substituted the taco seasoning packet for the ingredients from the turkey taco recipe found here.


Have a Great Week!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment