Sunday, May 15, 2016

Meal Planning Week 2

Here we go again! New week. New menu. Same game plan as my original meal planning post. 

This week's menu: 
Monday: Enchilada Chicken Bake
Tuesday: Jalapeño-Garlic Tilapia Pasta
Wednesday: Beef and Broccoli
Thursday: Swiss Chicken/Spinach Salad/New Potatoes


Monday: Enchilada Chicken Bake



I knew I wanted a Mexican dish one day this week, preferably early on because we will probably go out to eat for Mexican on Friday. The first place I checked for a recipe was on instagram: Easyfamilyrecipes and sure enough, just a couple posts back, there was the perfect weeknight recipe! Only 5 ingredients!! Need I say more?

I served it on top of a bed rice and it was the perfect Monday night dish. 


Tuesday: Tilapia Pasta



A couple years ago we were in a major fish rut. For the longest time Tilapia and Salmon were the only fish I felt comfortable preparing, and I always served them the same way, baked with some lemon pepper on top...B-O-R-I-N-G! Fortunately, Brian is the king of finding new recipes. A couple years ago he emailed me this Jalapeño Tilapia recipe and it has become one of our favorites in the fish rotation. 

A couple of pointers for preparing: 

1. I only use half the amount of Cayenne pepper it calls for (I'm a real wimp when it comes to spice, but I also like it pretty mild so I can feed it to the babies.)

2. It says two minced jalapeños. I only use one and at first I was just chopping it up real small, but the past few times I have made it, I put the jalapeños in the garlic press and the flavor was amazing! 


Wednesday: Beef and Broccoli 

This is a go to classic around our house. I blogged about it in a previous post here. You can never go wrong with stir fry. 

Thursday: Swiss Chicken with Spinach Salad and New Potatoes

Another basic, but tasteful dish. 

For the spinach salad, I buy the baby spinach in a bag, washed and ready to go. Cut up purple onion, sprinkle grated parmesan cheese on top and use Olive Garden dressing. 

I wash and cut up the New Potatoes in small bite size pieces. Coat them in olive oil, and sprinkle them with salt, pepper, and fresh rosemary. I put them in the oven at the same time as the chicken and cook them for about 35-45 min. 

Bon Appétit!

No comments:

Post a Comment