Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Backless With A Bow

Bright, Backless, and a Bow makes for the perfect summer dress, and since this one has all the essentials, it's quickly climbing its way to the top of my summer favorites. 

I actually tried this dress on last year {about this same time}, but decided not to take it home since Graham was only 2 months old and I wasn't doing a lot of "going out" or dressing up at the time. But here we are, one year later, and we meet again. This time on sale for quite the discount so it was too hard to pass up, and as they say, "second times a charm"...or something like that ;)
























Dress: Swoon Boutique 
Earrings: Kendra Scott
Sunglasses: Anthropologie
Shoes: Dee Keller Wedges

While browsing the Lulu & Georgia website last week, I came across a poster of Jenna Lyons quote, "As far as I'm concerned, Leopard is a neutral." It gave me a little chuckle and made me think that's how I would probably describe turquoise in my every day wardrobe. When I purchased my first pair of turquoise earrings, they were magically completing EVERY outfit in my closet. 

I've had my eye on one of GiGi New York's clutches for some time now. The only thing holding me back was my indecisiveness of having to choose just one color {and the price}. After reading that quote about Leopard being a neutral, it finally clicked, that turquoise is the color that makes the most sense for me, and Brighton The Day Blog was promoting a discount so it just made sense. 

So while I really wish I had my new clutch to wear last weekend with my backless, bright, bow dress,  I know I'll have more chances to wear this dress, but also since "Turquoise is my neutral." I know I'll find myself pairing it with most everything in my closet. 

I've already been brainstorming the debut of my new clutch and it's going to look a little something like this...can't wait for its arrival!!



top: jcrew// handbag: gigi ny// skirt: asos// wedges: kate spade// earrings: kendra scott//


3 comments:

  1. Such a darling outfit! Looks good on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the backless dress I had in mind for an upcoming event. Will surely get it and to shape the breasts nothing works better than Bye Bra breast stickers. No one looks that without such a dress. I think she is wearing Bye Bra breast stickers under that backless dress.

    ReplyDelete